The growing need for care for people with advanced diseases and in the final stages of life requires the awareness, involvement and training of society. The support and affection towards those with care needs within our closest circles is a responsibility which cannot be delegated, especially if we are to achieve a truly sustainable care system both in the communities and at home. In addition it is a gratifying attitude and an activity which should be regained from the empathy and help to those who need it most.
The programme “Todos Contigo”, “We are all with you”, is New Health Foundation’s commitment to make communities aware of the importance of care and support at the end of life. This is a social awareness programme aimed at creating Compassionate Communities and Cities, , led in Spain by the Foundation, and part of an international movement called “Compassionate Communities”.
What do we do?
- We build networks and give visibility to other organisations that are already developing Compassionate Communities around the world. We have designed a world map on compassionate communities and cities describing all the initiatives that have been implemented so far.
- We promote the development of Compassionate Cities by means of our own methodology and through a series of awareness-raising, training, research and implementation actions.
How do we do it?
- Media campaigns
- Training programmes “We are all with you”
- Train the trainers
- Care and support workshops
- Materials and resources
- People’s awareness of Palliative Care and experiences of care
- End-of-life care networks
- Needs assessment
- Creation of citizen’s groups
- Care and support
“Todos Contigo” has its own website, only avalaible in Spanish at the moment: www.todoscontigo.newhealthfoundation.org